The Community Conservation Network (CCN) assists local communities and their partners to sustain vital ecosystems and resources by fostering relationships and building capacity that results in improved long-term conservation, management effectiveness, and human security.
CCN envisions a world where:
- Stakeholders are engaged in active decision-making about their own resources
- Resource owners and users are practicing sound resource management
- Local individuals receive training to improve their skills as environmental stewards
- Biodiversity is conserved for the long-term in many locations
- Local livelihoods, food security, and natural resources are sustained
- Communities are reflective and knowledgeable about their work and its impact.
See more of their work worldwide here...